Gemstone Guide - Platinum
Cool Silvery White
- Rare and valuable
- Durable and Strong
- Does not tarnish
95% Platinum, 5% Alloy/90% Platinum, 5% Alloy
A name that invokes opulence and prestige, platinum is the most desired metal in the jewelry world. During the 18th century, King Louis XVI of France called it 'a metal fit for only kings.' Among many reasons to select platinum, the precious metal is also the most durable and secure ensuring your jewelry lasts for generations.
Not does only does it look luxurious, but platinum also feels luxurious, as it is noticeably heavier than other metals. You can experience the weight of the piece as soon as you put it on. Platinum jewelry is made using 90-95% platinum and 5-10% alloy. This high purity grade is preferred for individuals with metal allergies. Platinum is produced using 10% alloy or less of iridium, palladium, ruthenium, or cobalt. As a result, the metal does not tarnish nor does it require any kind of replating.
- Securely store in non-abrasive or velvet like pouches and fabric lined jewelry boxes
- Avoid keeping multiple pieces together
- Using a soft brush, clean gently in warm water and mild dish soap
- Dry with a soft cloth, lint-free if possible
- Do not use metallic brushes, corrosive cleaning solutions (such bleach and chlorine), or paper towels and tissues.
- If jewelry develops sheen, use a jewelry cleaning solution